Thursday, April 7, 2016

April 7th, 2016 - Three years and counting

On April 20th it will have been three years since I've been in the water. That's a long time considering the diving pace I had been going at for the previous 9 years. But, there's a break on the horizon. On May 1st we leave on a cruise to Bermuda. On that cruise we have booked a two tank dive. It's on the third day of our time there, after two days of riding our motorcycles. I've never been diving in Bermuda but the pictures I have of the water there are fantastic.



I have no worries about jumping back in.I bet I can still assemble a scuba unit with my eyes closed. Because of the nature sport and my love for it I had ingrained it in my memory. I may not remember all of the fine technical planning and theory details but the mechanical portion is second nature.

There, at least one person gives me credit for my expertise at something.

I really miss diving and the arena I was in.Working aboard a live-aboard dive boat with Scouts was amazing and fantastic. Trying at times and challenging, it was great. I sometimes have trouble believing that I was actually responsible for the well being of twelve divers at a time, most being youth. There were very few times when I had to take action and I like to think it was because of good preparation, education and execution on my, and the boat crews, part.

No comments:

Post a Comment