Sunday, November 3, 2019

Gear...lots of it

This is a post I wrote in March of 2019.

Over the years we have amassed quite a collection of dive gear. Because we are a diving family with two instructors and a divemaster we have more gear than most.

I really have to go through all of it, separate by who owns what and decide what can be tossed. I have several BCD's with bad pocket zippers. I don't see a need for these in the future.

All of our regulators are the same...Aqualung Microns...main and octos. I am certified to work on them so as part of the 'purge' I'm going to clean and rebuild them. Luckily I can test everything in Chris's pool.

I have 5 - 80's (tanks) and three? Pony Bottles. They all need VIP and hydro. I may just have one of each done for now until I find out if we're doing more diving. I would also like fresh air for testing the regs.

The computers are a mix. I don't know if I'll put new batteries in them or not. Probably just to test them then remove the batteries for storage.

Wetsuits may be an issue. We have all kinds of wetsuits. I have a 7mm which I may or may not fit into right now...but...if my triathlon activity continues that won't be an issue. Same for the shorty. The 3mm fulls should fix but I don't know where I would wear them. All the diving I would do up here would definitely require a 7mm.

Chris has expressed some interest in going to Dutch Springs for a weekend. We could camp there and get in maybe 6 dives. Maybe even a night dive.


No comments:

Post a Comment