Monday, August 1, 2011

Ready to return...

I'm going to be returning to the Conch Pearl for the last three weeks of the regular summer season at Florida Sea Base. The end of the summer is a difficult time for FSB when it comes to staffing; some staff have been fired, some have been sick or injured and some leave before the end of the season for school. No matter the reason I help fill in at the end of the season. Of course there is a selfish component to it all as I really love being on the Conch Pearl.
There is a new twist...the Conch Pearl is now staffed with two instructor/divemasters due to a change in Coast Guard requirements. Seems like overkill and I can't wait to see how two instructors keep busy.
Anyway, the water is very warm (no wetsuit, yeah!), lobsters are in season (yum) and it's hot.
I still have to pack and go through my dive gear but those things are a labor of love.
Four days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment