Saturday, December 24, 2011

DMA 8 Day 6

Yesterday was a strange day. I've been really tired and it's been noticeable. Steve offered us all a little time off so I jumped on the chance and took the afternoon. I took a nap then went to Diver's Direct to exchange a a pair of 'Bert Hubbys' and then I went to CVS to pick up a prescription.
In the morning we were in the pool doing Practical Assessment #1, OW Students in Confined Water. I felt we were rushed and could not do enough scoring but it all worked out. We were also able to get into the deep pool and finish up some of the skills that the candidates had bombed on.
The class went to Alligator Deep to do Deep Dive #2 and Alligator Ball 3 for Workshop #5, DLD OW.
In the evening we were back in the classroom. First a did a long, boring review of dive theory. I really have to find a way to deliver material better. I pretty much suck at delivering dry material.
After the review, of which Christy handled the tables, the candidates took Exam #2. Everyone passed but it still didn't redeem their poor rescue performances. Tomorrow we're going to give them a second chance with the rescue. There's no reason not to improve as Steve gave them a guide to doing rescues that is simple to follow for a fool-proof rescue. Hopefully they won't suck, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment