Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gear Maintenance

I have alot of time on my hands when I'm am not out on the Conch Pearl. I like to remain busy and feel my time valuable so I like to put it to good use. So I get to work, nap, work, nap and feel productive.

Right now my big project is servicing dive equipment, primarially scuba regulators. We use Aqualung Calypso regulators with ABS alternate air source regulators here at FSB; very durable and reliable regulators. We rebuild them annually to assure safe and reliable use.

I've attended a service class that was given here at FSB a few years ago and I have the service instructions in powerpoint format on my computer so with a little help from Laura I am able to service the regulators. She's been really helpful, checking my work. I've finished a pile of pieces so I'm hoping to take them over to the pool today to test them. I feel that in addition to the recommended tests a final 'real use' test seals the deal.
I'm hoping to finish three regulator sets for use on the Conch Pearl and a few for staff use.

It's alot like my old employment, which involved working on alot of sophisticated life support equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment