Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back to the Blog

I haven't been paying much attention to this blog so I plan to start posting scuba news now that I'm back in the Florida Keys.
I come to the Florida Keys to volunteer at the Boy Scouts of America National High Adventure Sea Base. It's one of three national high adventure bases. We focus on sailing and scuba programs. I pretty much exclusively work out on the scuba live-aboard boat, the Conch Pearl.
The scuba live-aboard program consists of taking 12 divers out for a week where we live on the boat, together, for the week and dive, sleep, eat, sleep, fish, sleep and sleep.
I can do these things with my disability because I can pretty much sleep as much as I need to whenever I need to. Not a bad accomadation.
Right now I'm stuck on base until the next live-aboard trip that starts on March 12th. Until then I will be inspecting and assembling scuba tanks; a necessary but boring and tiring job. I'm working with Laura Kuras, the new scuba commisioner.
More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment