Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SLA032611A Finally in the water

After Sunday's fiasco I didn't know how yesterday would go. We put them in the water to try the lead dive again at Looe Key. This time I had them all follow the mooring line down to meet me in the sand at the bottom. So far so good. One diver had to return to the boat because of ear problems. I lead the group up a sand channel to the shallows, stopping to do a head count. When we got to the shallows there was a Southern Ray that stuck around so everyone could get a good look. The group looked good, no bouncing off of the bottom, no breaking the surface so I turned them loose to have a dive. They all made it back to the boat on time. We moved on to Sombrero for the first 'buddy dive'. It too went well so we had dinner then did their first night dive. Two divers sat this one out. The conditions were great. I lead one pair of divers on a tour while all of the others were turned loose. We saw nothing of note except a lobster and a large coral crab in a barrel sponge. At the end of the dive I sat on the bottom with my light off to enjoy the bioluminescense .

No comments:

Post a Comment