Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm here, the gear's here...now what

I'm here, the gear's here...now what? That's what I'm asking myself. I want to get in the pool to check it all out but I can't seem to get myself to do it. Now's not the time to get complacent. I know all the gear has to be checked thoroughly, in the water, before my certification crew gets here. I went over it all at home but it's not the same as a 'wet test'. I haven't been diving since April 6th, 2012. I need to weigh my self out too. The new wetsuit may be more buoyant than I'm used to and I've put on some weight which will effect how much weight I need to carry.

I haven't taught Open Water since last March, in Port Antigua. That was fun (not). I need to review all of my teaching materials tonight so that I'm familiar with it all again; don't want to look too stupid. I'm teaching with a brand new instructor which means he should be right on top of everything. At least that's what I'm hoping...old dog, new tricks. I've probably forgotten more than he knows right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment