Friday, March 15, 2013

New Stuff

It seems every time I come to Florida Sea Base I end up with some new gear. This year it's a new wetsuit. I had a few glitches getting it but it all worked out.

First I waited and waited for LeisurePro to put the Pinnacle Wetsuits on sale. They usually put them on sale in late Winter. As the time for me to leave neared I decided to go ahead and order the wetsuit. I hadn't gotten around to trying it on yet when, lo and behold, the wetsuits went on sale. Since the prices had dropped  I was now able to afford what was their top of the line wetsuit. I boxed up the first suit I received to return then went to order the new wetsuit. Suddenly the price changed back to the MSRP. WTF? I fired off an email to customer service and was promptly answered with the offer from them to honor the sale price if I called Customer Service. I called and ordered the wetsuit at the sale price.

What made this wetsuit different was a front zipper that went across the front. I thought that might be more convenient than the conventional back zipper. When the wetsuit arrived I tried it on. First, it was too small. I thought a Large Medium might fit since my last suits were the same size. Wrong! Over the past nine months or so I had gone off of the grid and off of my diet, and it showed. Secondly, the front zipper design was not as easy to get on and very difficult to get off. In fact, I couldn't get it off. I got it pulled down around my shoulders and it got stuck. Here I was home alone, stuck in this heavy wetsuit, dancing, jumping and gyrating around trying to get it off. I thought I would pass out before I got it off but with enough movement I eventually slipped out of it. Lessons earned...I didn't like the front zipper and I needed a bigger suit. I checked the wetsuit prices again and they were back on sale so I ordered another wetsuit, like the first one, in a bigger size. I boxed up the one I had and returned it.

I expected the newest wetsuit to arrive in two days like the others had, giving me enough time to try it on before leaving for Florida. Even though free shipping states a 7-10 day delivery time I live close enough to LeisurePro to expect items to take only two days. Wrong again. When I checked the tracking information I found out that the wetsuit was drop shipped from the factory, in California. That gave it a delivery date two days after I was leaving for Florida. Once again I emailed LeisurePro Customer Service and asked if they could redirect the package. They said they could for $12 so after a few more emails the wetsuit was on it's way to me here in Florida.

The wetsuit arrived yesterday, as promised by UPS. Now all I have to do is try it on. Well the new wetsuit fits...barely. It's a good thing I'm losing some weight because it's going to be tight until it's broken in a bit. I don't want it to stretch out too much or else it won't fit properly once I lose this weight.

Another goody I purchased was reading lenses for my mask. Although the water magnifies things a bit I still need lenses to see small stuff properly. Now I just have to get off of my butt and install them.

No comments:

Post a Comment