Sunday, March 31, 2013

SLSU032413A – Sunday March 31st, 2013


Day 8 – Departure Day

 

The crew had a very early departure today, the earliest I ever had to deal with…2AM. Luckily my sleep is so bizarre it was no problem for me to see them off. I had to do my laundry anyway. I met everyone in the Galley, made sure they had something to eat and found some coffee cups then we said our goodbyes.

This was one of those good crews. We had leaders that had been here before, that we actually remembered. That’s not an easy feat when you realize the number of crews that come through here every year, not to mention in six years. The youth were great to have around, they brought no ‘baggage’ with them (no pun intended Colleen) and they set to every task without any issues or problems…a testimony to great leaders.

Thanks for coming to Florida Sea Base.

diverDave

No comments:

Post a Comment