Monday, March 4, 2013

It's that time again...

Well it's that time of year again, time to get my dive gear ready and packed up to return to the Florida Keys for my annual stint as a volunteer SCUBA instructor at the Boy Scouts Of America High Adventure Florida Sea Base. I think this is my 9th year. I'm leaving about a month later than usual as there would have been a four week gap between assignments.

Most of the gear is ready to go. Everything looks good. I even have a new wetsuit on the way. I did maintenance on the lights, tested the BCD and made a list that I checked one, two, three times. I'm sure I'll unpack and re-pack everything at least one more time. (that's my OCD kicking in)

I wish I was in better shape for this year's session but I'll have a week of a certification class to get the muscles broken back in again before I get on the Live Aboard. Hopefully I'll be able to watch what I eat and lose 5-10 lbs. while I'm down there.

This year should be interesting as we take two Divemaster / Instructors on board now and they're giving me a brand new divemaster to 'mentor'. We do far less than we used to but I plan to get back to helping more; filling tanks, mooring, etc. It's boring, sitting around between dives (except when I nap).

No comments:

Post a Comment