Saturday, April 2, 2011

SLA032611A Final Day, Final Dive

Last day on the water for this crew. We're really going to miss them. They didn't need a crew leader as they all pitched in and they LISTENED! The morning started early. Denny was up and the boat was off of the mooring right away. We headed out to Western Sambo but conditions were awful. It was bumpy and there was no visibility. We moved over to Toppino's where things were better; fair visibility but still bumpy. The dive was good; they saw rays, eels and a large nurse shark. At the end of the dive the last two divers were waaaaaay off. They gave the sign that they were ok but couldn't make it back to the boat. So far so good. I climbed on board and we moved the boat to pick them up. Mistakes: they were way too far from the dive area, they didn't keep track of the boat, they used all of their air swimming on the surface...new divers! I hope I don't have to fill out an incident report...Steve? I pick up a new crew today. Wow, about five hours off. Good thing I got up at 5am to do my laundry; even though inconsiderate staff members left their laundry in the machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment