Friday, April 29, 2011

Working on the Conch Pearl

The Conch Pearl is the dive boat that I do my live-aboard diving on. It is a 57 foot, steel hulled, gaff rigged schooner. http://www.schoonerconchpearl.com/ I love the boat and the people that live on it. I have been on the boat for over six years. I love to work on the boat as I feel I'm contributing to the boat and its life.


Over the last two days I removed all of the rope lifelines and stripped and sanded the pin rails and belaying pins. They're ready for varnish but unfortunately I won't be able to get away to help today. We also went over the emergency procedures for the upcoming COI...big Coast Guard inspection. It should go very well as the CP is a tight ship...very ship shape. Denny is always repairing or improving things and Holley is in a never ending wrestling match with rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment