Thursday, April 14, 2011

Talking with captains

I get up real early everyday. It's a great time to get some 'alone' time. Periodically a captain will drift in to talk. (the other early risers) I learn alot from them. They like to talk about the program, trips, boats, etc. They talk about the problems they've had with crews and how they handled them.. That's helpful. I also like talking about the trips they've done, places they've been and the boats they've sailed. They usually tell me about sailing large boats like the Western Union or Appledor, both outof Key West. They also tell me tales about delivering boats of all types to all sorts of exotic places. The rich like to visit exotic places with their boats but don't like to sail them there. Sometimes they call me 'captain' because they don't know any better and because I work on the Conch Pearl. I have no reason to become a captain so I don't apply, even though I have more than enough sea time.

No comments:

Post a Comment