Sunday, April 3, 2011

SLS040211A arrives

Yesterday I said goodbye to SLS032611A at breakfast, after receiving a crew t-shirt and a nice tip. I spent the morning doing laundry, re-packing, getting a haircut and finishing up a history test and assignment. Alex Bergstedt arrived Friday so I have someone to talk to and hang out with now. He's a good friend. We had hamburgers for lunch, my saturday favorite, then it was off to have a nap before the crew arrived. I had about an hour nap before I got the call that my new crew was here. I met them at the program office, arranged for our photo and started the check-in process. The swim went well, equipment issue then the pool. Set-up took a little time but we got in the pool and finished in good time. Everyone, for the most part, did well in the pool. After the pool the crew left to go get dinner at Whale Harbor. When they finally arrived back from dinner (9:00pm) we did a hurried orientation. Jess was present since she will be going with us this week. I'm looking forward to her being on board. She may be doing the live-aboard this summer so we're giving her a trial by fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment